Monday, August 4, 2008

Will CNBC ever stop asking "When Will the Housing Market Bottom or Have we hit the Bottom?"

Will CNBC ever stop asking "When will the Housing Market Bottom?" "Have we hit Bottom in the Housing Market?" and my favorite "Is it time Now to Buy Financials?".

We will know when the market bottoms. After the inventories start to decrease, foreclosures dramatically reduce and Bank reposessions dramatically reduce. The most imoportant sign of a bottom will be very simple: Affordability. When house prices become affordable again, and credit becomes more available, then the market will bottom.

It is not time to buy and hold any equity in any financials. Most equity is worth nothing. It is going to be a process for the equity capital to go to zero. There are too many hopers, traders and too many investors with too much money to see this happen overnight. It wil be a process of the equity being reduced to zero, this will take a while to play out. But it will happen.

After CNBC asked these questions over and over again, with no useful information being drawn out of the talking heads, I decided to smash my TV. Ok, well I did not actually smash my TV (I wanted to) I no longer listen all day. I have the TV on mute, glace at headlines, and turn the volume back on for useful, interesting, or entertaining informnation.

No comments: