Saturday, October 4, 2008

NAV now $323.06

This is sadly the last NAV post I will make on this Blog. Due to varying investment terms with each individual share holders it is no longer be applicable. I may continue to post my personal Net Asset Value price after speaking with my legal counsel.


I hit $354.29, and stabilized at $323.06. The reason is because I have only been going Long and Short on Options only for the fund. These past weeks the implied volatility on the options purchased was so expensive on some of my losing trades I could not get back all of the gains. My draw down from my accounts peak was 8.8%. This is a bit embarrassing for me. I bought some Spy calls and got smashed on the High implied volatility prices I paid. My Trading is always more profitable in the second end of the month because I go Net Long or Short Delta using puts and calls in front months contracts. Options prices will be coming down slightly due to a lower time value component. I am looking forward to the end of this expiration cycle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why invest in this fund when you can invest in Riversource Funds? Tom Smith is the best money manager! He even eclipses Warren Buffet!

Ray Modad said...

Who would right this? This is Hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Who would write this?!?!? Who else trumpets the success of Tom Smith better than.....

Guess who....

TOM SMITH!!!

Glad to see my protege is taking after his teacher. Keep up the good work and remember who got you started in the industry.


Tom Smith ESQ, CPA, MBA, CFA, CFP, ChFC, CLU, DO, MD, DDS, PhD

Ameriprise VP of making dreams come true, one dream at a time!